Digitunity is a national non-profit organization with a mission to make owning a computer possible for everyone. Reporting directly to the Executive Director and collaborating closely with Digitunity’s Advancement and Programs teams, this full-time position leads Digitunity’s internal and external communications, brand management, storytelling, social media, and outreach efforts in order to advance digital equity. This remote, full-time position requires superb verbal and written communication skills, listening and synthesizing skills, deep experience in using social media to advance a cause, abundant creativity, and an unshakable positive “yes we can” attitude.
The Communications Manager leads Digitunity’s communications and marketing efforts, and plays an important role in advancing the mission of Digitunity. Responsibilities include leading Digitunity’s use of social media, creating compelling and informative written products such as blog posts and opinion pieces, assisting with the production of proposals and reports, developing thought leadership materials, and leveraging multiple modes of communication to advance Digitunity’s core work of:
- Unlocking the supply of computers at scale to support digital inclusion work;
- Guiding communities on sustainable device solutions; and
- Cultivating and sharing knowledge to inform the digital inclusion and related fields.
The Communications Manager is responsible for cultivating and managing Digitunity’s voice, ensuring that Digitunity’s communications are in line with its core values, respectful of the communities served and the individuals that benefit from our work, and conveys things of value that support the pursuit of digital equity. The Communications Manager also acts as a trusted advisor to partners and colleagues and works across a diverse set of stakeholders including government, business, philanthropy, practitioners, and peers.
- Lead, manage, and execute Digitunity’s internal and external communications efforts, including social media, publicity, media relations, publications, and events.
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to support Digitunity’s mission.
- Gather, cultivate, and share knowledge across the organization, both at staff and Board levels, to ensure Digitunity’s work is consistently informed and improved by learnings obtained through relationships, projects, and stakeholder conversations.
- Create and manage digital content to ensure it is on-brand and search- and social-optimized.
- Manage current and future vendor relationships related to publicity, communications, graphic design, social media, or other areas, and continuously monitor effectiveness and performance
to ensure desired goals are being met.
- Own and execute social media strategy to effectively support Digitunity’s mission.
- Lead digital execution of fundraising and awareness campaigns throughout the year.
- Support and facilitate internal communications across staff and between staff and Board.
- Coordinate and support communications projects, outreach, and products as needed.
- Create and update marketing materials, collateral, and promotional items in support of awareness-building, fundraising, and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong belief in Digitunity’s mission to make owning a computer possible for everyone and an authentic interest in advancing digital equity.
- Ability to accurately and effectively communicate the mission and vision of Digitunity.
- Ability to dig into the subject matter and develop in-depth knowledge of the digital divide in America, the work of digital inclusion, and the role Digitunity plays in advancing digital equity.
- Ability to work independently and adapt to a high-speed, ever-changing environment.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize work streams, track progress across multiple teams, and manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and integrate into easily digestible communication products.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and digital communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a mission-driven organization whose clients and staff reflect significant diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, socio-economic status, nationality, and religion.
- Advanced proficiency or ability to quickly learn office and productivity tools such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, Trello, Miro, Canva, Elementor, Salesforce, and Active Campaign.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- The salary range for this position is between $70,000 and $75,000, depending on experience.
- Digitunity offers generous benefits including: 100% employer paid individual health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a full suite of additional employee-paid insurance options, 401(k) retirement program with an employer match of up to 5%, unlimited paid time off, and a $100/month stipend for home internet.
- This position is 100% remote; periodic travel throughout the United States will be required.
- Candidates must have the availability to work 40 hours per week, with online availability generally between 9 AM and 5 PM local time (ET preferred, but not mandatory). Working hours can be flexible depending on the scope of work being done, with periodic support of events that may be in the evening or on the weekend.
- Candidates for this remote position must have the ability to work in a distraction free
environment with internet connectivity speeds capable of handling videoconferencing.
- A job in this category may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and phone usage.
Diversity and Equity
Digitunity is committed to employing a talented and diverse team of professionals dedicated to eliminating the technology gap. Women, people of color, members of the LGBT community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.