Research and data driven decision-making are key to influencing policy and creating change.
There is a dearth of research specifically on the technology gap as part of the digital divide. By building a solid foundation of data and research informed by network members and stakeholders at all levels, awareness of the issues and targeted advocacy will amplify the needs, opportunities and solutions for eliminating the technology gap.
Here are some of the topics we’ll be exploring in Data, Research, and Advocacy:
- Creating an advocacy agenda for device ownership
- Benefits of device ownership
- Environmental case for technology reuse
- The role of business and philanthropy in eliminating the technology gap
- The root causes of the technology gap
- Where the device deserts in the United States are located